The History of Flynn Pharma
Flynn Pharma Ltd is a specialist pharmaceutical company focused on acquiring and commercialising branded products in secondary healthcare markets.
Flynn Pharma was established in Ireland in 1994 and was initially responsible for the distribution of a number of barbiturate products. In 2005 Flynn acquired a range of oral and injectable antibiotics from Eli Lilly & Co Ltd. This included brands such as Distaclor and Keflex.
This was followed in 2007 by the creation of a hospital sales force and the launch of the Medikinet range for the treatment of ADHD.
In 2010 Flynn acquired Inresa GmbH, a privately owned German pharma company holding MAs for many hospital products.
In 2012 Flynn was appointed as Neurim's marketing partner for Circadin, sustained release melatonin, in the UK and Ireland and has successfully re-launched this product.
In addition Flynn Pharma became the UK partner of Innocoll for the marketing and distribution of the CollaGUARD adhesion barrier.
Another addition to the Flynn range in 2012 was Epanutin™ from Pfizer Ltd. In order that this vitally important product could continue to be made available to patients Flynn has changed the name to Phenytoin Sodium Flynn Hard Capsules and is putting in place measures to ensure the integrity of the supply chain.
Flynn has sales and marketing operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany and has associates and partners in other territories.
Flynn Pharma pursues long term growth through:
- Organic growth from its existing portfolio and through new product launches in its domestic markets.
- Active expansion into other markets.
- Acquisition of suitable enterprises such as Inresa Arzneimittel GmbH in Germany.
Flynn Pharma has:
- Technical medical and pharmacist support.
- Medical information department.
- Regulatory and Licensing expertise.
- Core competency in marketing and sales with specialist experience within the hospital sales environment.
- Marketing & sales infrastructures.
- Pharmacovigilance (safety database = ARISg).
- Manufacturing and distribution partners.